Zombie Traffic Observations  

RSS

Samsback
Active Member Admin
22/09/2016 9:31 am  

Back in May of 2010, right around the MayDay update, myself and a few other webmasters who had been comparing notes over at the WebmasterWorld site started noticing traffic anomalies that I (under my old username of backdraft7) had called "zombie traffic".

My first mention of this phenomenon was on June 7 2010 at 10:35 am in WMW post ID #4148067. Here  is the exact page: https://www.webmasterworld.com/google/4144824-5-30.htm

The late Ted Ulle and I had discussed this issue regularly. This prompted the following Zombie Traffic thread started by Tedster: https://www.webmasterworld.com/google/4437835.htm

Over the year more and more webmasters have come forward noticing this issue.  Recently however, the discussion at WMW has become censored and ridiculously speculative. After being chastised by moderator Robert Carlton for my sharing of business information, I decided to start up this uncensored thread on my own web property.

In a classic case this week, Sunday experienced almost on-the-hour sales conversions. The next day, on even higher traffic volumes than on Sunday, conversions stopped cold. PIWIK indicated that each visit from Google was zero time on site. This continued for THREE DAYS. Late on Wednesday night, at 11:45pm I finally saw another sale, followed by another at 12:49am and again at 1:29 am. That is an incredibly strange and un-natural pattern.  It's now daytime on Thursday 9/22 and it's shut down again.

Please post your Zombie Traffic observations here.

Edited: 1 year  ago

ReplyQuote
Samsback
Active Member Admin
12/06/2017 9:31 am  

May & June 2017 - while Google analytics keeps reporting large traffic increases, website sales conversions are down across the board. In most cases at zero. While this traffic doesn't look as "zombie" as in usual zombies page sitting behavior, it is completely non converting. Are people really that broke?

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register